RFP PDWDA #17-01
Question/Answer Received on September 22, 2017
Question 1: “What is the period of performance for the IT Services grant?”
Answer: The initial period of award for the IT Services grant is December 1, 2017- June 30, 2018. Based upon funding availability, the Council of Governments and/or Workforce Development Board may extend a grant beyond the initial period of award, if it appears to be in the best interest of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and is agreeable with the grantee. The extension may be less than, but will not exceed three additional years.
Answers to three (3) Questions received since September 27, 2017:
- Qty and model number of wireless access points
- Qty and model number of UTM firewalls
- Qty and model number of network switches
- Desktop\Laptop Operating Systems in production
- The RFP mentions an offsite DC and File Server. Where are they; does hosting them need to be included and if so we need specs: CPU, RAM, Disk, OS... of the two servers
- Access Points- 5 Ubiquiti Unifi APs, 5 Pepwave Max BR1s
- Firewalls- 5 Dell Intel i5-4590 pfSense 2.3.4_1
- Switches- 4 Cisco SG200-50s, 4 Cisco SG200-26Ps, and 4 Cisco SG200-10FPs
- Desktop\Laptop Operating Systems- Windows 7 Pro/Windows 10 Pro Currently, approximately 50/50 split
- Offsite servers- Current contract holder's facility, hosting is required, Intel Xeon E3-1240 v5 @3.5GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB storage, Windows Server 2016
- What is the annual spend amount for last contract? See statement below.
- What is the duration of this project? December 1, 2017- June 30, 2019
- What is the estimated budget for this contract? See statement below.
- Is it single award or multiple award contract? Single award contract. "The winning proposal will be selected by the Pee Dee Workforce Development Board," p. 5 Part III.
- Is there any incumbent for this requirement? If there is an existing incumbent, then please share the name of the incumbent along with the budget that was consumed under the contract. See statement below.
Answer: The purpose of RFP PDWDA #17-01 is for outside entities to describe how they will provide external IT support in the areas described in Part II. Scope of Work on pages 4-5. Also, note Part IV. Questions 4 and 5 which ask the proposer to describe the manner in which the firm will accomplish the scope of work and provide the services solicited and to provide a budget. The current budget and incumbent name are not necessary factors for proposers as they determine budgets for their entities to provide the services requested, so this information will not be provided at this time.
Question 3: Is a site visit being scheduled for the locations? If not can, can I schedule a site visit with my Director of IT for each location to look at current equipment?
Answer: Pee Dee Regional Council of Governments staff will be available on Tuesday, October 10, beginning at 9:00 am at the locations as follows. Entities on the visit will be asked to submit questions following the tour and answers will be provided on the website:
- SC Works Bennettsville460 Hwy 9 West, Bennettsville (843-456-7610)
- SC Works Hartsville 437 W. Carolina Avenue, Bldg 1, Second Floor, Darlington County Adult Education building (843-309-9817)
- SC Works Florence 1558 W. Evans Street, Florence (843-669-4271)
- SC Works Marion 2413 East Highway 76, Marion (843-765-3123)
Question/Answer received on October 2, 2017
Question: "The document states you have two servers. The answer seems to indicate a single server and it appears physical. Can you confirm that your organization owns 1 physical server and it is currently co-located with the incumbent? Does that physical server have two virtual servers hosted on it?"
Answer: 1 organizationally owned physical server (no virtual servers) located at the incumbent's facility.
Additional questions received since September 25, 2017
GDE Error: Error retrieving file - if necessary turn off error checking (404:Not Found)